Siemens grrrrrrrrrr

karl84

Hi guys,
I have to hold my hands up and say my experience with Siemens is next to nothing. I've programmed a basic cleaning system without an HMI and this is where most of my problems are. I only need to do the basic stuff and on the IMO software great easy, the Siemens o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O. I am aiming to change the HMI screen via the Ladder but go through the help files and it contains next to nothing. Simplicity is genius and as I’m not a genius simpler the better please. The next issue (Yep there is more), there are certain icons that I do not wish to be displayed until certain instances occur once again the IMO great, Siemens??????? I understand 99.9% is down to me not having the experience with the software. Help Please.

Dont take this the wrong way karl84
but can you buy me a battery for my chrystal ball
OR
tell me where to get the battery I need
Can You tell me what type of battery I need
then I will know which siemens PLC you are talking about

Sorry all the moaning and no real info on the PLC its the TIA V11 software for a Simatic S7 1200, CPU 1212C PLC. (Sorry can't help with the batteries)

Its OK - the crystal ball uses pedal power now.
the HMI has a settable control area you need to configure the words for the screen change area.
I have not programmed the S1200 yet - what is the screen model

Not worked with the TIA portal yet, nor with the newer panels.
But I know in WinCC Flex, one could achieve what you wanted by:

- Create Tag. This tag will contain the target screen number.
- In this tag, in Events, select: Change value > Screens > ActivateScreenByNumber > Set this tag as Screen number.

When you change the value of the tag, it'll open the screen with a number corresponding to the value of the tag.

This way leaves the operator free to browse the panel, but forces him to a specific screen when you want to.

I have gone through the HMI menu for a specific screen: animations - visibility - set a tag, linked it to the PLC. Set the Tag in the ladder and the screen does not appear. But doing it the same way I did manage to enable/disable a screen icon.

What I proposed should be done on the tag itself, regardless of the screens.
Is there not a selection/screen where you can modify the tags? Set properties, logging, events?

The KTP600 is capable of doing what I discribed. Just managed to configured it using WinCC Flex.

Another route you can look into if you need to select multiple screens is thru the "Job Mailbox".

In TIA portal if you goto the HMI program and goto the "Connections" section. There are 2 tabs, the one you are in by default is "Parameters", you can click on the second tab "Area pointer". Here you could enable the option for the "Job Mailbox".

It is a way to tell the HMI to do many different operations from the PLC.

I know the job number to select a screen is 51, but can't remeber the rest of the format.

Below is a link to the manual for TIA Portal, check out the section:
10.8.1.4 Data exchange using area pointers

http://support.automation.siemens.c...n&objid=57185407&Datakey=47071380&caller=view