Desktop used as an HMI programming help

Gtemplet

Good afternoon. I just recently did my first Panelview Plus 1000 programming using Factory Talk View Studio ME. With a little bit of trial and a whole lot of error I eventually added a push button, numerical display, numerical input, and some text. This was all done locally at the machine. Now I have to add the same thing at the operators remote desktop. The computer already has HMI capability, so I’m not starting from scratch. The Remote Desktop has Factory Talk View Studio ME version 5.00.00 (CPR9) on it. My problem is when I go to Transfer Utility to upload the program I don’t know what ‘source’ to use. At the bottom of the screen where I ‘select source terminal’ I chose the computer at the top of the tree and it told me invalid source. I can see all the PLCs and PVs on the network, and I was able to upload the PV I just programmed. How do I find my source/destination so I can upload/download? Thanks for looking and appreciate any help.

The Transfer Utility is for upload/download the runtime program to PanelView terminals only.
To run the HMI application on a operator PC you would have to use "FactoryTalk View ME Station" to run your FTV application.

The Runtime file should be located on the PC in Documents or Public Documents depending on Win. Version. > RSView Enterprise > ME > Runtime. The file will have a (.mer) extension.

Under Application Manager you can convert the .mer extension back to a development application in case the two files are different. If both are the same then you only need to copy the (.mer) into the Runtime folder in the path shown above.

Just be sure to keep a copy of the original until you confirm they are the same file. They could be set up with different resolutions.

Thank you gentlemen. cwal61 and KuulKuum excellent info. I now have questions about adding tags. Yesterday I finally got to try my new found info. I added an analog display, and created a new tag for the display and saved. I then created runtime application, loaded my new application. My display was there with only ****s and a message popped up ‘F8:166 to small or missing’. Instantly I realized I put the wrong Float in, I needed F8:127. Easy enough, so I thought, I went back into Factory Talk View, clicked on my analog display went to properties>connections>went to incorrect tag>edit tag (fixed tag address) then saved. This fixed the problem I now had the correct value in my display. Today when I opened my ‘project’ to do more changes the tag I entered incorrectly and fixed was back to the incorrect address. I changed back to correct address and added a new tag for another analog display and saved. Created and loaded project, worked fine. I then exited my saved project and reopened. Checked the tag list and the first tag I created was wrong again and the new tag was gone. I deleted my project and created a new one from the currently working program. Checked tag list and again wrong and gone. Any ideas??? Thanks for looking, sorry for how long this is.