studio5000 tags import/export

muds

hi,, i m new at AB. i want to add new tags in my running machine. and show it on factory talk.
actually m not sure, do i need to just add new tags in studio5000 and save, and call it on factory talk, or i need to create new tag file and call it again on FT.

thanks

There are a few ways to create tags, but my preferred way is to use CTRL+W to open the new tag window. Pay attention to the "scope" that the tag will be created in, especially if you are accessing the tag with FactoryTalk. It's easier to access tags in FT if they are "controller scoped" tags rather than "program scoped".

Another method I often use is to add the logic that I'm intending on using, type the tag names into the tag names into the instructions. You can either right click on the tag text or highlight it and use CTRL+W.

If you are adding tags from an offline or another program, using the tag database directly is easiest. You have to make sure you are on the "edit" tab, located at the bottom of the tag database window.

If you add the Tags in Studio5000 the FT View will be able to find them. There are a couple of potential gotcha's though; as dmroeder has said, it's easier to find controller-scoped Tags (most applications that I've seen that use program-scoped Tags use them inappropriately anyway!) but even using them you may find that you have to go down a level or two in the "Online" folder. The second one is that you may have to refresh the tag browser window in FT view before it can find the Tag.