SetupMailServer SMTP Question

spaceacealpha

I'm trying to use SMTP.GMAIL.COM but how do I format the string to have the username, password and port? I'm using a ENBT/A and following the manual on creating this. It runs but faults out for "error processing connection related service". Thanks, Darren

EmailConfigScreen="[email protected]$r$lpassword$r$l587"

I guess you have created the "Email Account with gmail" ?

I also thought gmail used port 465??

I also forgot, you have to at least log in to the new account once to answer some authentication questions before they allow account usage.

Last edited:
ENBT does not work with secured SMTP like GMAL
You must have local network server that does not require authentication

We have been using AuthSMTP to get around the authentication requirements for our systems (mostly Red Lion HMIs) that can't do authenticated emails. It has been very reliable and inexpensive for us. One thing I had to do at the outset was to contact AuthSMTP and inform them that I needed a static mail server IP address. There is no guarantee that they won't someday change that IP address, but after over two years so far it has not happened.

I also seem to recall that the address of the initiator could not be a gmail account. So we set up a "dummy" generically named email account with our company domain as the sender for our systems to use.

https://www.authsmtp.com/