AB DeviceNet problem

angi

Hi guys
I just got a devicenet problem from my machine on the floor:
I could go on line with 1784-PCIDS to check all ADNs, but when I try to connect with different subnet,1734-ADN adapter, it would show me all devices in the subnet were missing. what is this problem, and how to fix it?

Thanks

I think that what you are describing is the inability to browse to a POINTbus through the 1734-ADN Adapter.

Remember that you typically have two DeviceNet configuration files when you deal with a 1734-ADN; the configuration where the 1734-ADN is an Adapter to the main controller's Scanner, and the configuration where the 1734-ADN is the Scanner for multiple POINT I/O modules.

If the POINTBus is damaged, or there is a power problem, certainly that might prevent you from browsing through it.

If you don't have the proper EDS file registered for the 1734-ADN, then RSLinx won't show you the [+] symbols to allow you to browse down through the 1734-ADN. Download and register the EDS files for the model and firmware of 1734-ADN you have installed.

What exactly is the problem being reported ? Are there any diagnostic LEDs that aren't solid green ? Any scrolling error messages on scanner devices ?

Thanks Ken
the error message come out when I try to go online with ADN is:
Device 00 had experenced a identity communication error. the LED on the adapter all ok.