Need PLC with 175 I/O...

buffalonymann

Hi. I'm trying to find a PLC that can handle about 175 I/O nearly evenly split between DI and DO. DO needs to handle 2Amp and 24VDC

This is strictly timer sequences and turning I/O on and off. No Motion, Temp, or anything else.

Any ideas?

Just about anybody who makes PLCs has one that can meet those specs.
A few reasons for selecting one over another, in no particular order:
1. What do you already have in your facility?
2. What do you already have software for?
3. What local distributor do you already deal with?
4. What are you and the people in your facility who will have to live with your choice already familiar and comfortable with?

I'm trying to do it at lowest cost possible - wonder if anybody knows of any programmable relays that can handle the number of I/O

I would use a Horner unit with remote I/O.
Better than smart relay units, plus it comes with and LCD screen (or touch-screen).

The price is right and the software is free.

What type of load?
For 2A@24VDC I would go with a transistor output card and interposing relays.

I dont think I would... thats a lot of relays and another place for potential failure, I would try to get a higher rated output card if needed and go direct, also depends on the amount of cycles the outputs are going to make.

If cost is an issue then I would look at Weidmuller U-Remote or WAGO IO both on the Ethernet IP protocol both will play well with Rockwell and give you cost effective IO.