RSLinx as a service

S0lrac

I can't start RSLinx as a service, any ideas?

I use the RSlinx Launch control panel to try run it, but it doesn´t work, i only can use it as an aplication. :unsure:

I already re-install it to check if there was a problem with an archive related to RSLinx, but it didn't work either.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing Daba. If he doesn't have admin rights then someone with admin rights will have to be the one to log in and configure it to run as a service. Once an admin configures it then it should run as a service for a non-admin.

Is this by any chance on Windows 2003 server? There is an issue with RSLinx disappearing out of the services list for that OS. I believe there is a tech note on it in the Rockwell KB. I believe it involves deleting a registry key. I'm not at work right now, but if you can confirm your OS, I will try to find the solution and post it for you when I'm back at work tomorrow.

Jeff

The version i have is RSLinx Classic and i do have administrator rights :unsure:

That helps some, however, to make it complete, we also need the version number of RSLinx Classic. i.e. 2.57. There are some AB Knowledge articles that may be of assistance.

As asked by Jeff above, also give us your Operating System and Service Pack, as that may affect the answer as well.

Stu....

That helps some, however, to make it complete, we also need the version number of RSLinx Classic. i.e. 2.57. There are some AB Knowledge articles that may be of assistance.

As asked by Jeff above, also give us your Operating System and Service Pack, as that may affect the answer as well.

Stu....

I have windows XP

Finally got it, turns out that i had to unistall it, and then delete the folder that remains in the rockwell software folder, then delete all the register related to RSLinx with the Register editor. Before i do that i just install it again and RSLinx is ready to use it as a server again 🍻

Thx to all for the tips and responses.