Rsview32

Alok kumar

I want to create a historian data from rsview32 to excel.
I will be more clear:
The data will be coming from rsview to excel and every midnight automaticall a new excel sheet records the data and the data of previous day will be stored in the excel sheet and i can get the day wise sheet whenever required.

Can anyone help me on this topic.It is urgent.How to do.

To get the data into excel you need to enable macros in excel,
Open a new sheet, (suggest then you record a macro session) (record a macro)
Goto data, select data source then select data from database using say date limits once data has been populated into spreadsheet close & save macro go to VBA and the macro will be stored in the VB code, you could copy this then modify it with say variables for start and end date/time to get data and run the code from a button on the spreadsheet, excel comes in many versions and VBA is not installed as standard and you will need a little knowledge of SQL in VB to modify the macro code, also the ways that different versions of excel from 97 to 2012 vary and use different ways of creating the macro code.
I did this for an rsv32 database (used access type to store data) and also many automated spreadsheets to gather data from a number of SQL databases