temp input to vfd

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
What is the best way to interface a thermocouple with a vfd. I would like to run a vfd on pid loop based off of temperature. I have used some temperature transmitters, but have had some trouble with accuracy on the ones I had. If this is the best method, what transmitter would you recommend?

What temperature range?
if it is lower than 400ºC better to use a PT100 sensor with the corresponding converter

For room temperature much better to use a PT100 it measures the real temperature, instead thermocouples measure difference between cold junction & hot junction, if the cold junction compensation is not good or not well installed or the cable to sensor is not the correct extension cable that can produce error.
PT100 is much precise and probably cheaper

When you had issues in the past, were you using an isolating signal converter that had offset and gain adjustments, or did you just attempt to convert the signal yourself?