Harmonics Level in PLC panels.

plcsoftvsd

What is the maximum THD (Total harmonic Distortion) ie. THD (I) and THD (V) a PLC/Electronics can withstand?

I am asking this because in one PLC based Reverse Osmosis plant we have 75 kw VSD inbuilt in the panel with PLC.
We measured 27% THD(I) and 3 % THD (V).

We have had faults in few electronic components especially capacitors on Boards.

Cheers.

Can't speak to the exact measured levels, but I've seen panels with 125hp VFDs in the same enclosure with the PLC and no notable issues.

I wonder about the components IN the VFD.....

Stationmaster

Similar Topics

I've just started training to take over a position in the NVH engineering department, and one of the topics in my training today was brainstorming...
Replies
Views
Dear friends across the pond, Does anyone know which one is the IEEE standard regarding the harmonics performance of the VSDs? Regards Nik
Replies
Views
dear viewers, AS part of power quality in our plant we are studying about effect of harmonics in capacitor panel(apfcr)kindly any of them can...
Replies
Views
Greetings, To what level of Harmonics (THDI) and (THDV) is acceptable in a PLC panel with pressure and temperature transmitters. We have a...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good link for information about harmonics (cause,remedy,...) Thnx
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom