Cannot create runtime file in FactoryTalk

ryano

I cannot create a runtime file (.mer) using Factory Talk. It worked fine a couple weeks ago. Each time I try to create a runtime file, it starts out looking normal (saving displays, etc.), but then it stalls when saving the last display.

The only error message I get is a popup that says "Unable to save the project runtime file C:\Users\...... \Projectname.mer"

The progress bar always stops at the same place ("Compression" looks done and starting on "Rdmdata\Digit.RET") (See attached screenshot)

I am not having any problems with RSLogix5000 or RSLinx, so I think my activations are good.

I may have installed RSLogix Emulate since the last time I created a runtime file... could that interfere somehow? I am running FactoryTalk View Studio ME 6.10.10 (CPR 9 SR 4)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Ryan

Thank you jk. This knowledge base topic does describe my problem, but none of the solutions seam to work.

This problem is happening with all applications (including ones that I know worked a couple weeks ago). The only solution that makes sense is that my enterprise communication setup WAS open the very first time I had this problem... but it is not open now (unless it is open in a way that I cannot see it?)

Did you have it open with a dual monitor setup the last time and the screen is open on the other monitor that isn't there now? Just a WAG

I did have dual, but I have dual monitors now, too. I have had that happen before in Factory talk where I could not see the popup screen on the 2nd non-existent monitor. Very irritating, but not the problem today.

Any other suggestions? I've been struggling with this all day. I'm considering uninstalling Factorytalk studio ME and RSLinx enterprise, as I've run out of things to try.

This problem is happening with all applications (including ones that I know worked a couple weeks ago)...Any other suggestions?
Trying to save any file to a filename that is already OPEN or in use by another application can stop the SAVE in its tracks.

I uninstalled FT studio ME, FT Studio SE, RSLinx Enterprise, and RS Emulate... then reinstalled FT Studio ME & Enterprise....
I still have the same problem. I can test my application fine, but I cannot create the Runtime file. Same error as in my original post.

I don't know what else to try. It is probably something stupid I'm overlooking. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi

Did you try and save it as a . APA and then reimport it as a different name. You will lose your user names but that's all.

Donnchadh

I tried that. New application with only default screens... still "Unable to save the project runtime file C:\Users\...... \Projectname.mer". I tried restoring several backup files and also restored existing mer files (which I can do), but then when I try to create a runtime file from the restored application, I also get this error.