Red Lion Help

lcanada

Hey guys,

I was wondering if a G303 Red Lion HMI can be used as a scanner?
I am having trouble finding information on this.

Thanks

You need to be more specific. The term "scanner" can have many meanings. I assume you mean some type of communication master? Which fieldbus?

My apologies. I have an M10-iA robot with an R30iA controller. I ordered it with the ethernet adapter option but not the scanner option. I am trying to use ethernet to send and recieve IO signals. I realize that i could use an Allen Bradley PLC to accomplish this but I would prefer to not order one if I can do it with a Red Lion, as we have several of these around our facility. Hope this is more clear.

Red Lion G30x devices do have an EtherNet/IP Adapter driver, but they don't have a "Scanner" driver.

Your best bet is going to be to refit that robot controller with the EtherNet/IP scanner, so that it can control I/O (and the G306) in the way you intend.