ABB PM581 printout needed

goghie

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I have source code one disc from one machine with ABB PM581 PLC, and I don't have software and I don't know which one should be used.
Would anybody be kind enough to make printout - I will send source privately. It's quite urgent as I need to convert it to another PLC made by different manufacturer.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

I did some quick research on the file structure of the SD Card copy you sent and found the following link:

http://www.infoplc.net/files/descargas/abb/infoPLC_net_AC500_SD_Rev_3_2.pdf

It looks like in order to have source code, the SD Card should have had a folder called "USERPROJ", but your zip file did not contain this directory. It looks like the USERDAT and USERPRG folders are compiled versions of the code, from which you cannot extract the source code.

Hopefully someone more experienced with this ABB model and software can shed more light on this.

Thank you for your info. I see now that it is Codesys, strange that there is no "SOURCE.DAT".