Red Lion Crimson 3.1 alternate security system

BryanG

A while back I asked if anyone had an alternate security system for the RedLion Crimson 3.0 or 3.1, there weren't any answers, so I have done my own. Attached is the file and a brief description of the system. It is written using Crimson 3.1, so no simulation I am afraid, and for Graphite G07. Am happy if it saves someone else a load of time. The coding isn't perfect and I will probably find some 'gotchas' once I start real world testing, but at the moment it is 'good enough'. If anyone has the time to have a quick look and check I would be grateful, you will probably find stuff that I have missed.

I am an evolutionary programmer and I often find stuff I want to add. Will be adding to the user security string:
Date/Time last logged in.
Date/Time the password was last changed and who changed it.

Date/Time created and who created the user.
Date/Time edited and who edited the user.

And as these jobs will always have a memory card I will log 'Logins' successful and failed.

Will post in when updated.

I added the stuff I mentioned, see attached. The logging to flash can be enabled and disabled in the Program Security.SET_UP_SETTINGS. The log will be in a folder called logs and the file will be security.csv and will look something like this. It keeps records of all Login attempts successful or not, so you should be able to see if someone has tried to crack a password and it tracks if someone edits a user.
Code:
03/06/18_16:18:17,MASTER,Level 10,LogIn ,Success
03/06/18_16:19:29,MASTER created Jim001
03/06/18_16:23:18,MASTER,Level 10,LogOut,Success
03/06/18_16:23:39,MASTER,Level 10,LogIn ,Success
03/06/18_16:24:32,MASTER created Fred01
03/06/18_16:26:16,MASTER,Level 10,LogOut,Success
03/06/18_16:26:32,Geoff01,Engineer,LogIn ,Success
03/06/18_16:27:33,Geoff01 edited Bob001

LogIn with Last Log In dates.JPG

Attachments

• Security0022.zip
    170.1 KB · Views: 14
Thank you for the thumbs up. I would be please if it did spur them in to action, but too late for me because I have done the work now anyway.

Crimson is both a huge time saver and a huge time waster. The Copy From function is great and saved me hours of work, the lack of some basic functions that I then have to write myself costs me hours. The widgets lets me design and easily re-use standard graphics, then I get slowed down again because I can't drag and drop screen names in to programs.

After some more testing I will be posting a fairly full function recipe system, though you have to have a flash card, and a run-time colour selector though that will probably have with a more limited appeal.

Very clever Bryan.
...hopefully that's enough to get Red Lion to update their security.

Let me know what your wish-list items are, and I'll make sure there's are features request in the backlog that correspond to what you're looking for. Can't promise anything on whether they'll get done, but they certainly won't if they're not in there.

Let me know what your wish-list items are, and I'll make sure there's are features request in the backlog that correspond to what you're looking for. Can't promise anything on whether they'll get done, but they certainly won't if they're not in there.
Thank you, it is nearly as exciting as it used to be doing my Christmas list, many many many years ago.
Just to make it clear that is written without irony, just happy when companies listen to their customers, doesn't happen very often.

Hi Mike,

I realize this is an old thread, but our distributor remembered me talking about this forum, and how much Red Lion utilized the suggestions from here in Crimson 3. He was asking, because he is trying to convert an old AB tech rep to RL.

Anyways, the biggest drawback, I think for me on the built in security, is that it is not really accessible at run time. User names and Access rights have to be done in Crimson and then downloaded. Similar for some of the email setup.

Any ways, thanks for involving us, and for your's, Dan's and Jeremy's support here.

I have been sending my requests to tech support, though so far nothing has been progressed. My last request was so that I could make a simple to use Recipe System. I asked them to add 3 commands to the programming functions, 'First Tag on current Screen', 'Next Tag on current screen' and 'Previous Tag on current screen', the Previous one isn't really essential. So it is like FindFileFirst and FindFileNext but for the tags on the current screen. For the people who say that the Redlion work around using arrays is fine, they should try it with 500 tags that describe all parameters of a machine, it is slow and mind numbing typing in all that data.