Mitsubishi Q68ADI Analog Input Card

tgoulding

Has anybody used this before and can you help with the following;
1. How do you set or change the resolution, I've been thru' the AI card user manual which only mentions switches that don't exist.
2. Is it possible to scale each input on the card itself.
3. Has anybody come across a better manual for the utility package software other than what comes as part of the AI card user manual.

Would appreciate any help or suggestions with the above.

Normaly you will get a count from 0-4096, you then need to scale this to a user value.
if your required value is 0-1500, then divide 4096 by 1500 then times the actual by this figure
(max/reqmax)*actual will scale it 0-1500
remember to use floats for the calcs then convert it back to integer if required.

The switches used to change the resolution are not actual switches on the module. They are software switches that you set in the PLC parameters.

From the project data tree on the left of the GX Developer screen select "parameters" and then "PLC parameters". You will get a new window, select the tab for I/O settings and on the righthand-side of the new window will be a pushbutton with switch settings written on it. This is where you need to look.

My version of GX Developer is in Japanese, so I didn't do any screen dumps for you.

Best regards

My version of GX Develepor is in English but at times feels like it's in Japanese. Thanks for help this is exactly what I was looking for.

Happy Xmas and Best Wishes for the New Year.

Thanks for this but had already known this, just thought the 'Intelligent' card was a little more clever and could do the scaling in-situ. Anyway thanks for help.

Happy Xmas and Best Wishes for the New Year.