Red Lion HMI

I have a Red Lion HMI Mod. no. G310. I am currently tring to program a bar code scanner into it so that I can scan a number onto the screen. I've got that part done per Red Lion tech. note TNOI40. Now I need to take that number from the string tag and put it into an Integer tag to tell the Fanuc Robot what program to run. Any thoughts

The TextToInt() function is what you're looking for. Syntax is described in the reference manual.

One way this could be implemented:
If your string tag is called Stringtag, create a new Numeric tag and set the Source to General. Use the expression TextToInt(Stringtag,10). The value of 10 indicates that the value will be converted as base 10.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I am having issues getting a Red Lion HMI and Micro830 controller to communicate. I am using the cable here to connect the controller to the RS232...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to send a null command down a comms port. But in the crimson software when i used /x00 it coming back "Cannot use null character is...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am hoping a Red Lion Expert can point me in the right direction. I am experimenting with data logging on a CR3000 10" screen...
Replies
Views
I have a Red Lion G09 scanning 8 Invertek P2 VFDs via modbus RTU - I've setup necessary comms and tags and all works well. I have a 'Settings'...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever replaced a touch screen on a legacy Red Lion G3 series HMI?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom