studio 5000 license question

edwilson321

Hello i have a question about the studio 5000 license. I currently have it installed on my work laptop however i need restore the drive to factory settings and reinstall windows as iv been having some problems with the laptop and need a clean install. Will i be able to install studio 5000 without having the activation key at hand or will i need it or can i back up the activation file and do it some way like that.
Reason for asking is that my activation credentials are at work and isn't open until money any way i can get the serial and CD key from my laptop?

Thanks

With FactoryTalk Activation Manager, you "re-host" your license back to Rockwell.....

After you have "rebuilt" the PC, and installed your software, you recover the license from Rockwell, re-hosting it back to your hard drive serial number, or, more usually, your network inteface card serial number.

If in any doubt, or if anything goes wrong, ring Rockwell support, you do not need a TechConnect contract for licensing support.

Also, re hosting can fail and you'll have to contact support. So I'd suggest to do it during their business hours in case you have an issue.