Mismatch of safety destination address (F_Dest_Add)

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
TIA v15.1
CPU 1512SP F-1 PN

Took a program that was working fine on one system and downloaded it into an identical system.

I've got a fault on the Safety Output module
6ES7136-6DB00-0CA0

I can't get it to clear and I'm having difficulty finding the root cause.

When swapping the module with another of the same, the issue follows the system and not the module.

TIA v15.1
CPU 1512SP F-1 PN

Took a program that was working fine on one system and downloaded it into an identical system.

I've got a fault on the Safety Output module
6ES7136-6DB00-0CA0

I can't get it to clear and I'm having difficulty finding the root cause.

When swapping the module with another of the same, the issue follows the system and not the module.

Every Profisafe device has a unique address that has to be downloaded directly to it. If you ever used the old ET200S IO, that was the dip switches on the side. Here, the address is downloaded directly to the safety card. There are a couple HOWEVERs, though:

1) the address is actually stored on a chip that snaps into the base unit (you'll see a couple pins coming out of the module key in the back)
2) for these devices, what ACTUALLY needs to be unique (across the whole network, not just the project) is the combination of the SOURCE address in the PLC and the DESTINATION address in the IO.

My guess is that you need to re-assign the F-destination address to the IO module.

How can you download the correct address to the chip if download to device is grayed out? How do you actually get it to update the address in the chip that snaps into the base module?

Thanks both of you.

Where I was getting hung up was where to do the right clicking. I kept right clicking on the device in the project tree instead of the module in the rack. That was the bit I was missing.

Everything is working fine now.