1769-AENTR Fault Control

PerryMB

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have 1769-L35E CompactLogix controller communicating to two 1769-AENTR. While testing, I can pull the Ethernet cable and I get a major fault. Does anyone know of way to turn this feature off so I can use logic to determine if I have a communication problem?

Thanks,

Welcome to the PLCTalk Forum community !

Look at the Connection tab for the 1769-AENTR in the Studio 5000 I/O tree. There is a checkbox for "Major Fault on Controller if Connection Fails in Run Mode".

It's probably checked in your system, so un-check it. You can do so online in Run mode.

Have a look through the Forum or the RA Knowledgebase on how to use GSV instructions to detect I/O connection status.

Double click on the 1769-AENTR in the I/O tree. On the connection tab you can select if you want to Major fault the CPU or not.

Capture.jpg

Thanks for all the replies.

I do have the check boxes unchecked.

1769-AENTR.jpg

I don't have direct experience with the 1769-AENTR but I believe that it bridges a module connection to each of the 31 possible connected modules, rather than using a "rack optimized" connection like the 1734-AENT or 1756-ENBT can.

So check the Connection tab for each of the connected 1769 modules connected to each Adapter.

If all that doesn't work, trigger the fault and review the fault code and we'll see if it points us toward a different root cause.

Ken,

I checked connection tab on each input and output card and they had the Major Fault check. I assume that connection tab on the 1769-AENTR would determine if a fault would happen. You know what they say about assuming.

Thanks for the tip.

GSV and AENTR

OK this may or may not be a good place for this question. I have approximately 10 AENTR units and each has a web page that one could look at. I noticed that there are error counters and other really cool information. This is not about that.

So when we start loosing information we would like to see the error counters or information that tells me that the Ethernet connection is about to be dropped out.

With Remote I/O we had a bunch of counters that could be monitored and based on the retry numbers we could say "Clean your wire path"

So with a GSV instruction we can see if a module has failed or if the status of the lights but what about retry counters or missed communication or packet errors, is there a way to read these from my modules ???

Forgot to mention there are sliprings involved and I need a way that lets me know that oxidation is starting to effect my data. Hence "Clean your wire path"