OT: Here we go again....

What a difference 24hrs makes... Ron, rdrast and Archie need to take cover if they are right and it does not change again (im sure it will)

I guess im glad I did not move to Southport

What a difference 24hrs makes... Ron, rdrast and Archie need to take cover if they are right and it does not change again (im sure it will)
I will miss out on everything because I am on the other side of the world this week. I am now considering to delay my return back to the states for a day just to avoid the chaos of flight delays and traffic that may result from it.

I will miss out on everything because I am on the other side of the world this week. I am now considering to delay my return back to the states for a day just to avoid the chaos of flight delays and traffic that may result from it.

You might want to make that 2 or 3 days.

Hello Guys long time no see.

I started thinking about those of you that are in the storms path today and wanted to check in and see how you are getting along with preparations.

I am 4000 miles away in the Bering Sea but will keep you all in my prayers and hope for the best possible outcome for you all.

Stay safe and check in when its all over.

BCS

Hi Charles, glad your still around... hope all is well

I thought I was going to be fine until last night and I pulled up the track, the blue dot is my shop and home the green dot is the projected center track of the hurricane, it still has time to change but not looking good, I just hope I dont lose power for weeks

SmartSelect_20180912-193208_WIS weather.jpg

I thought I was going to be fine until last night and I pulled up the track, the blue dot is my shop and home the green dot is the projected center track of the hurricane, it still has time to change but not looking good, I just hope I dont lose power for weeks
Best of luck, buddy!

Hope everyone stays relatively dry. At this point I'm just expecting plenty of rain.

I am actually supposed to fly to Spain on Saturday afternoon, really hoping my flight will be able to depart GSP, otherwise it'll be driving down to ATL first.

I did train the girlfriend how to operate my portable generator yesterday, but hopefully there wont a need.

Good Luck

I am actually supposed to fly to Spain on Saturday afternoon, really hoping my flight will be able to depart GSP, otherwise it'll be driving down to ATL first.

Good luck on your flight, I have a feeling you'll be driving to Atlanta

Thank you uptown47 and Elcan

Columbia shouldn't be all that bad. But you'd probably come through Charleston Intl wouldn't ya?

Hadn't seen you were from Orangeburg, im about an hour from you.

Columbia shouldn't be all that bad. But you'd probably come through Charleston Intl wouldn't ya?

Hadn't seen you were from Orangeburg, im about an hour from you.
Sometimes I go through Columbia and other times Charleston. I decided to reduce my chances of flight delays and cancellations by flying back on Monday into Columbia. I figure the worst of the storm will be passed by then.

Where about in SC are you?

I am still riding the waves in the Bering.

Hope all turns out well for you and you get by with just needing to replace a few shingles.
From what I see right now the storm is down to a Cat 2 so that is a much better scenario than a Cat 4 or 5.

Hunker down and you and your family stay safe.
Let us know that you are ok after the storm passes.

BCS

Last edited:
it looks like Charleston just might dodge the bullet this time ... near as we can make out of all the conflicting forecasts is a lot rain - but the winds are looking like only about 45-50 mph ... unless something changes we're planning to sit tight and mop up when it's over ...

everybody stay safe ...