Storing Timer ACC

Krilun

Hey guys,

Background: I am using RSLogix 5000 function block diagrams to time how long a pump is running. When the pump is running, the timer gets enabled and when the timer is running for 60 seconds it increments a counter to keep track of minutes. The timer ACC represents seconds.

The problem: When the pump stops, the ACC goes back to 0. So if the timer ACC is 45 (representing 45 seconds) when the pump enable signal goes low, the ACC goes back to zero.

The Question: Does anyone know how to store the timer ACC value when the timer enable goes to zero?

Any sugguestions would be extremely appreciated.
-Ken

-||- (Timer Enable) MOV TMR.ACC, ACC_Storage_Reg

Use the timer enable bit with a MOV instruction from the .ACC to storage tag. That way when the timer turns off the value is stored until the next time the timer is enabled.

I wouldn't go at it from that angle. use a retentative timer instead and have it go for 6 minutes, then every 6 minutes add 0.1 to your "run time" hours. Instead of showing 36089 minutes, it would show 601.48 hours.

bernie_carlton.... your method worked. After your post I pulled out a PLC book from college and looked up how RTORs work and it works the EXACT way I want it to.

bosko... thank you for your sugguestion. That is very smart and I will probably end up implementing that.

i usually end up counting seconds. The time resolution is fine enough for me, you can have a LOT of seconds in a DINT and you don't have to worry about resetting the timer.