Do-More and EtherNet/IP

XtremeIN

Hello all,
I am working on a project the requires a Do-More H2-DM1E and an IFM AL1020 (https://www.ifm.com/mounting/7391037UK.pdf) to communicate via ethernet/ip. I have browsed several manuals, watched videos, and searched the web and this forum. I am at a loss. If my understanding is correct I need to use the EIPMSG command and that the Path fields need to match the IO block in order for communication to occur. I do not understand how to read and use the charts for the Class, Instance, and Attribute. any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Micheal

Thanks Gary!
I had some time this morning to do some testing. I got the comma working and I can request and receive data. If I use class 1, instance 1, and attribute 1, I get 322 which is the vendor ID, which is correct. But I can not figure out what values to use to get a digital reading from a pressure transducer on port 1.............

After about an hour of testing I was unable to get anything other than some basic data from the IO block. A quick call to IFM and they confirm are that the Do-More series of processors is not comparable with the IO block. Their recommendation for a budget setup was the Automation Direct P2K or the P3K and a different IO block (I don’t have my notes, I think it was the AY1122).

Automation Direct also has a P1K (Productivity 1000 Series) that uses the same software as the P2K and P3K.
The cost of the P1K is similar to a Click.

Regards,

After about an hour of testing I was unable to get anything other than some basic data from the IO block. A quick call to IFM and they confirm are that the Do-More series of processors is not comparable with the IO block. Their recommendation for a budget setup was the Automation Direct P2K or the P3K and a different IO block (I don’t have my notes, I think it was the AY1122).

Have you tried posting this on Host Engineerings forum?

You'll be talking directly with the designers and engineers that created the Do-More.

They are also on the Automation Direct forum regularly too.

The engineer from IFM said they have tested and have documentation on intergtating their IO Link block with the P2K and P3K, he did not mention compatibility with the P1K. I know nothing about the P series. Going with their recommendation.

The project manager has been in contact with someone at Facts and he simply referred us to section 18 of the manual.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!