Twido analog input calcualtion

rigicon

Hi all,
I have an analogue input on a Schnieder Twido PLC.
The sensor measures distance and has a range of 100mm
It seems to only start working at 55mm away and reaches full range at approx 155mm.
So from 55mm I get 0(4mA) and at 155mm I get 4095(20mA)

My simple formula was z =(measured value 0-4095)
(z x 100) / 4095 this gives me a 0 to 100 value call it Y.
Y is its inverse so I have 100 - Y.

This seems to work but on different sizes i need to recalibrate and end up 80-Y or 85 - Y.
The formula is not right somehow although it seems logical to me - i have definitely missed the plot I wish the Twido had scaling.
Any mathematicians available ??? :unsure:

Hi!

Basic scaling methos is to use formula y=kX+b which you already have used, but take a look to thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=23382&highlight=EU and read Tom Jenkins reply to threat.

It's is also maybe better if you reconfigure twido analog module to use raw data values from 0 to 10000 (4
mA =0%, 20mA=100% ) instead of 0-4095. (You can use different raw data values to analog modules if you right mouse click above analog module and select configure => Range = custom...)

It's more easier to understand raw data values 0-10000 than 0-4095, when you use math in twido and you can see better were the error to scaling happens...

Thanks Lare
Just after the post i found out about the custom scaling I was going to use 0 to 100. But I think you are right 0 to 10000 is better.
This gives me a nice resolution to 2 decimal places.

Dear sir,
I am facing the following communication problem in twido plc please help me.

when i am going to communication through ethernet then it saying

communication error,Check communication parameter,network cable,configuration and controller supply.

But i have changed the cable but same problem i am facing.