Communication problem with SLC 05/04 to PV 900

chrishunt

Hello all,

I’ve run into an issue when replacing an existing PanelView 900 (2711-T9C8) with a new one. The PV is networked to a SLC 05/04 using DH+. When I power the new PV up into configuration mode and go to the communication settings it says “No active nodes found on network”. I’ve set the the new PV to the same settings as the old one,
Node : 2
Baud : 230.4k

The new PV900 is the same part number as the old one and I was able to load the program from the card without any problem. The only difference I can see between the two are the Boot and Firmware versions are not the same.

Old PV
Boot : V01.06
Firmware : V04.20

New PV
Boot : V01.05
Firmware : V04.41

Could this be causing the communication issue I’m having? I apologize in advance if this is a basic question, I’m not very experienced with Panelviews.

Edit: I forgot to mention that reinstalling the old PV it is able to communicate with the processor.

Last edited:
I would try slowing them down, lower the PV and PLC to 19.2 and see what happens... OR if you have a U2DHP try going on line and see what node are active

Update:

Production shut down for the week so I finally got to mess with this some more. OkiePC you were correct. The replacement PV has a bad DH+ port. I disassembled the old PV and removed the DH+ board and installed it onto the replacement PV and it connected right away. Thank you for your help!