Micrologix question

Geospark said:
What Series (A or B) is the DNI Interface that is connected to the new MicroLogix 1400 controller?

1761-Net-DNI B FRN 2.01. we are using Port 0 with cable 1761-CBL-AM00 ser. C AiC to Micrologix

Do you have the DNI Configuration Utility installed?

We have RSNetWorx for DeviceNet

Do you have software access to view and configure the DeviceNet network, such as RSNetWorx for DeviceNet?

I connect to the DNI using cable 2707-NC8, Ser A PGM cable( that's the same cable I used to connect with the PLC). I opened the software and was able to locate the entire network and I also located my node but I don't know how to establish a comm link to see settings.

[QUOTx=Geospark]Is the program loaded and running in the MicroLogix 1400 a conversion of the original MicroLogix 1000 program, or is it a new program with the original logic copied over?

I downloaded the original 1000 program. It issued a couple of warnings that certain things would be changed though.

Do you have software access to view and configure the DeviceNet network, such as RSNetWorx for DeviceNet?

So it is possible that the DNI "might" need to be "touched"?

As I've mentioned, there are also parameters in the DNI to configure the default integer Data Files for the DF1 controller I/O data mapping. These parameters should have been set to "7" for the default N7 Data File in the MicroLogix 1000 and should be left at "7" for the MicroLogix 1400, as its default is also the N7 Data File. However, if for instance you are now using say an N10 Data File in the MicroLogix 1400, then you would have to change these parameters from "7" to "10".

Note: If you do find you need or would like to change any parameter settings in a Series B DNI, then you must first set it into idle mode. You do this by first setting parameter 0012 "I/O Scan Enable" to "0" - "Disabled" and then, after you've changed any parameters, set it back to "1" - "Enabled"

I need to get into the DNI and I don't know how.I viewed the offline EDS and clearly there is a need to change parameter #11. It is set for Micrologix 1000.

I was only asking if you had the DNI Configuration Utility in case you did not have RSNetWorx for DeviceNet, as the Utility is free to download. RSNetWorx for DeviceNet can also be used to browse the network and configure the DNI interface. If you can see the DNI online in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet, just double-click it and go through its tabular information and you should find the parameters.

I'm going to link you to very detailed and specific information and solutions to your issue. Having said that, I'm respectfully concerned that it may be a bit "over your head"?

But here goes...

In the following information, note that for your existing application you should not need to carry out the initial configuration of the DNI node address and mapping of the DNI I/O data into the SDN scanner. Just reference the parameter settings, the heartbeat logic, and pay close attention to the N integer Data File addresses mentioned in a few places...

16453 - Not getting data from a MicroLogix connected to the 1761-NET-DNI and/or 1747/1771 DeviceNet Scanner generating error code 86
Access Level: Everyone

But as always, any questions, fire away.

Regards,
George

Last edited: