Parker CTC & Omron Touch Screens

Estevon

Hello everyone, I have a quick question.

We are builing a system utilizing a compumotor 6K and an Omron PLC. A touchscreen is required for this application. In the past we have used Parker's CTC touchscreen.

Needless to say, I really, really loathe this touchscreen.

Has anyone had any success getting an Omron Touchscreen to interface with any of Parker's compumotor controllers.

IE, can variables be changed in the compumotor program from the Omron touchscreen? I've searched the 'net and can't seem to find any information about this subject.

I'd hate to be stuck with the CTC as this is to be a showcase machine and the CTC is lousy looking, a pain to configure (You need a keyboard for crying out loud) and generally archaic compared to some of Omron's and especially the AB solutions.

Thanks!

You're not 'stuck' with CTC...

As far as I know, Omron's HMIs are designed to interface ONLY with Omron PLCs. For the same reason why you can't connect a Panelview to anything other than A-B stuff.

I guess they can't comprehend that you might want to use DIFFERENT brand components... :rolleyes:

I think you'll need to look at the 'generic' HMIs from places like Maple Systems, etc.

beerchug

-Eric

The problem is that you are using the wrong motion controller

I know of an motion controller that will communicate with either the CTC or OMRON NS displays using Ethernet. Just do a google search using the key words motion ethenet.

I just got a chance to play with the NS displays and they do look nice and their Ethernet does work well.

Thanks for the info on maple systems, I'll look into it.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with the compumotor. I really don't like them. I think they are really noise prone and troublesome, but alas, that is not my decision to make.

So, unless I can get them to look into the maple systems touch screens, I guess that I really am stuck with a CTC.

Wait. Total Control ( a generic HMI ) is on our spec list, ( though maple is not ) I wonder if they can talk to a compumotor stuff. Worth a try I guess.

Thanks, guys.