To Phil. About the search function.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I respectfully approach the forum leader with a suggestion:

Make it possible to search for words that are only two letters long, but only when in combination with other search words that are three letters or more.

The reason is that so many terms are two letters only.
AB AD IE NT XP S7 etc.

At the moment you cannot search for "AB Ethernet" for example.

Eric
That's a great solution.
Just add site: plcs.net to the end of your search string.
Damn smilies. There's not supposed to be a space between the : and the plcs.net

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry, 3 letters is hard coded, from memory.
Hopefully the google idea works better for you... Perhaps the next version of this forum will have a more modern search algorithm.

Enjoy,

Phil Melore said:
Sorry, 3 letters is hard coded, from memory.

Soooo, I guess asking if you can make the cursor automatically jump to the search string box at page load (like Google) is out of the question as well, huh?... :sick:

I don't know HOW many times I've clicked "SEARCH" and started typing my text, only to realize that I'm typing nowhere... 🙃

beerchug

-Eric

JesperMP and Eric,

OK. I spent the last hour or so looking to change the 3 letter minimum to 2 and defaulting the cursor to the search box. Two good suggestions... and you would think easy to do.

Unfortunately, I seemed to have failed at modifying both of them. :unsure:

I'll try again another day

Enjoy,

Phil Melore said:
...snip...Unfortunately, I seemed to have failed at modifying both of them. :unsure:

Eric, The cursor now goes to the search box by default. (y)
Load the search page and start typing immediately.

Enjoy,

I just tried it. Very cool!...
3.gif

Once again, you rock Phil!...
banger.gif

beerchug

-Eric