[Newbie]: Siemens - WinCC - What is the required license for WinCC SCADA redundancy?

DenZ_P

Hello Guys,

Newbie with Siemens here. I will be configuring and deploying for a project of mine for WinCC redundancy.

I have read this article in siemens website that for WinCC redundancy you will be needing the following below:
  • WinCC Redundancy Option includes licenses for both redundant servers
  • A redundancy license is required on each of the two servers in addition to other necessary licenses

Link below is where i have read the article about WinCC Redundancy:
http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/human-machine-interface/en/visualization-software/scada/wincc-options/wincc-redundancy/pages/default.aspx

So I am kind of confused if I need a redundant server license and then a separate redundancy license for each of the workstation? Or is it possible that i can just have two redundancy license?

Also below is the information for the WinCC Redundancy license being provided to me by our automation supplier. He/She Says that i need to purchase two of the license below to be installed in each of the station.

6AV2107-0FB00-0BB0
SIMATIC WINCC REDUNDANCY FOR RUNTIME PROFESSIONAL V13 UP OPTION F. WINCC (TIA PORTAL) RUNTIME SOFTWARE, SINGLE LICENSE F.2 INSTALLATION WITHOUT SW AND DOCU. LICENSE KEY ON USB STICK, CLASS A

Please comment if the above license is applicable for redundancy and if i really need to buy two and not just one. thanks!šŸ™ƒ:confused:

Hello All,

Just an update about this thread. I found an answer to this question.

Below are the ones that is compatible. Thanks!

WinCC RuntimeTime Professional v14 - 6AV2105-0FA04-0AA0
WinCC Redundancy for RT Pro v13 - 6AV2107-0FB00-0BB0

also there is an online compatibility tool in siemens website.

Siemens Compatibility Tool Link

Thanks! And keep helping each other out.