wireless 8-pin relay

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

One of my customers has a system where they use keyfobs to control an relay. It is a very simple system and they want more keyfobs for it, but it is old and I think the best thing to do is just going to be to replace it with a new setup. But I cannot find anything else quite like it. It is in a pretty rough environment so ideally I need something more than just one of those circuit board devices.

This relay mounts in a standard 8-pin base. They have the wires from the antenna wires on certain terminals. And there is at least one NO contact as well as power. Very simple. As long as the momentary button on the FOB is pushed, the relay is energized. The principle of remote control for garage door openers.

Does any one have any good suggestions of what I should replace it with? Or where is a good place to buy something like this?

Your description is kinda vague but it sounds like what you are looking for is a handheld device to relay output. These guys have several different options and do customer work as well. I’ve used them in the past as an OEM and they have very high quality products that work well.
https://www.bwieagle.com/index.html

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping someone would know of one that mounts in a standard 8-pin relay base.