Old Cutler hammer Plc's

95z28

My new company has some old Cutler Hammer PLCs in use. More specifically numerous D50's and a couple of D300's. Upgrading is on the horizon but for the moment one particular D300 is becoming a royal pain.

The biggest concern I have right now is a major failure. I can get a used CPU but lack the C/H software. I had "winGPC v2.50" on my laptop but it was corrupted and unusable.

So my questions are....

Is winGPC available anywhere ?

Is any other software compatible with the D50/300 ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply.......no luck going that route. I did find a site with winGPC available. I am a bit unsure of compatibility as the software is now a Rockwell Samsung not CH. I will try tomorrow.....

Heres the site if anyone is interested

http://www.atcontrol.com.pl/?a=C

Converting OLD DOS GPC5 program to WinGPC

I managed to download the program from a D300 with WinGPC, but it does not have the comments in it.

And, I have a copy of the program that was saved with the old DOS GPC program. I think it is GPC5, but not really sure.

Does anyone know how I would convert this old DOS version to the new version or get the comments out of it?

Thanks,

Dave

Try zipping the file and attaching it to a post here. I'm pretty sure I can convert it to a pdf file where you can read the comments. Also what is the file extension on the old DOS file and on the new downloaded file? Depending on your version of WinGPC there may be a Project Upgrade option under the main "Project" drop down.

Last edited:
The advice above worked perfectly. I am using WinGPC 2.51 and the Project Upgrade option exists in the Project drop down menu.

The extension of the original program was .PLC

WinGPC converted it to a new filename with an extention of .LDR

Thanks for the help....

WinGPC upgrade is safe?

Hi all,
That is my first post here. I will have to make a very small change in a very large and complex program that is running flawless in an old Cutler Hammer D32LT. The problem is that the program was developed with WinGPC 2.51 software that does not install in our new computers that are now Windows Vista - Brazilian portuguese version (a friend of mine succeed in installing WinGPC 2.51 but only in english version of Vista).

I managed to install WinGPC 3.80 in my computer, but before trying it, I would like to know if that version is fully compatible with program made in 2.51 version. It will be terrible if I have to check or rewrite all the program because changes introduced by the conversion for newer version.

Thanks for any help.

dm100 programming

A big Thank You to one of the members for sharing his WinGPC 2.11

i know this was an old link but can anybody send me or tell me where I can down load the WinGPC 2.11 software. I need to up load from an old DM100 and have the conection module but no software and cable.

I posted WinGPC 2.51 here: http://www.foxautomation.com/wingpc/

I also included some PDF manuals and pinouts.

I hope this helps.

thank you for this I dont surpose you have any software for the older d100 do you? I m trying to upload an old program and not having much luck with obtaining the software. I have down loaded the ex20 and ex40 software but cant get them to run. I am going to try and old dos laptop at home later.
Thanks again

when i have instlled the program i can find no refrence to d100 in the list of plc's only d50,d32lt,d300,d320. Do you have a old dos copy and key for it?