Baumueller V6 drive

pacak

Hello,

I have a drive running a roller which is winding a textile material. The speed is controlled by the tension of the textile before the roller. I have to provide a switch by which the operator can change the winding direction (CW or CCW).

When I connect to the drive with WinBass, I can see that this tensioning value (potmeter) is connected to input 2 of the ramp function generator RFG. However, I do not know where is the value at input1 is comming from.

When there is no material on the roller, it starts spinning and the speed goes up to 100%, also the value at input1 of the RFG is 100%.
If I modify the textile tensioning value (rotate the poti) the speed is reduced (also the value in input1). If I put a thick in the "change polarity" box, the roller turns the other way, however, if I modify again the tensioning value, there is no reaction, the roller is still rotating at full speed.

What should I do to be able to change the rotational direction and the speed would react if I modify the tensioning value?

BR
Attila

PS attached is the file uploaded from the drive

Reversing the DC motor's direction if the speed reference is an on-board analog input is as simple as "swapping" the signal's + and - wiring via a 2 position cam selector switch. Position 1 A -> B and C -> D ; Position 2 A -> D and B -> C.
The issue is trying to maintain the "winder" function adjustment within the reverse polarity reference scenario.
I am not familiar with the Baumueller DC drives, however, you might want to consider adding another similar "contact deck" to your "Motor Direction" Selector Switch and do a similar "polarity swap" for the "Tension Reference" analog input wiring.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have tried to reverse the rotation in WinBass and also reversed the polarity of the tension signal (swap + and - wires). No help, there is no reaction if the roller turns in the other direction.
(it's an AC motor).

Attached is a picture of the ramp function generator. What is strange to me is that there is a red switch which selects the inputs. It is selecting input1, however the tensioning value is connected to input2. Input1 is also changing, but I could not find out where it is comming from.

RFG.JPG

Do you have an User Manual for the VFD?
All the Winder applications I have encountered were DC...It's good to know there is an AC available option...
Input 1 has to be an onboard analog input receiving the speed reference; can you physically verify the I/O circuitry on the drive; are there any wires landed on the second Analog Input terminal?

Just doing a little research:
If your frequency converter is a "stock b max 1000" you have two onboard analog inputs AVI (Voltage Input) and CVI (Current Input). I have a hunch that the CVI receives the Tension Reference potentiometer setting; this could be reversed.
On the other hand, if the CVI receives the speed reference you will not be able to physically reverse any hard wiring reference if it is a 4-20mA signal.
However, I believe that the drive has a switch that could "convert" the CVI into AVI2 (second Analog Voltage Input); if this is the case, you will have to remove the existing current analog input reference (or the communications link)and add a +/- 10VDC pot/switch assmbly which, in conjunction with P0801, P0809 and P1359 values will set up your intended functionality.

Last edited:
Hi dmargineau!

Thanks for the answer!
It is an older modular drive with a Bus 6V controller module.
Here is a manual:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/113264182/V-Controller-General

What is strange to me in all this is, that if a parameter is connected to another, in WinBass the other parameter is highlighted in yellow (the % sign, like at RFG input2 in the picture) and if I click on the name of the parameter, a window opens showing among other things the connected parameter numbers.
I do not have that in the case of RFG input1, but it is still changing during operation. I am sure, I'm missing something.

BR
Attila

RFG input2.jpg

Our VLAN servers firewalls will not let me access the link you have posted.
Could you "Go to Advanced" and attach the .pdf manual? It'll make it a lot more efficient.
So you have established that "input 2" is linked to the on-board Analog Input 1; you found the potentiometer wired up to the analog input point (AI 1)and reversed polarity to the torque reference command.
It is a matter of changing the polarity for "input 1" which is the speed reference.
Since the software establishes that only "input 2" is linked to an onboard physical input, the speed reference might arrive via established communications.
What type of controls are you using? Is there any PLC/HMI system the VFD is part of?

Hi!

Game is over. I've sent the picture of the drive to somebody, who forwarded it to somebody else, who informed me that there is also an embedded drive PLC in the box (Omega).
Most probably my analog signal at RFG input1 is comming from there.
The problem is that I cannot find the application for the drive PLC (PROPROG wt II) and without having the source program I will not be able to make any modifications in the PLC.
Eventualy, I will recomend the client to replace the drive with another one.

Have a good day!

Hi!

This is from the manual (page 203):
-----------------------------------------
020Ehex
Power unit ID unknown

The control unit does not know the read
identifier

Read off the power unit version from the rating plate and
compare it with the list in P117. The error cannot be
acknowledged.
-----------------------------------------

Hi!

Unfortunately I can't help you with that.
I do not know if it works with drivepro. I've used winbass, which was installed on one of the client's laptop.

Hello
I need instant support for winbass software
Please let me know if you have downloaded a download link and downloaded this software. Thankful

Requires winbass software

Hello
I need instant support for winbass software
Please let me know if you have downloaded a download link and downloaded this software. Thankful

Hi!

Sorry, I can't help you. As I've mentioned above, Winbass was installed on my client's laptop.