FT View Dynamic Tag Setting

awaege

So I am currently trying to create a data-viewer within FT View. I need the operator to be able to select two different datasets from a list of about 15 that are stored in a UDT in the PLC.

The UDT has the following structure:

UDT[X].Dataset[Y]

In this case the UDT has 5 instances allowing for a history of 5 sequences to be viewed from. There are about 15 different "datasets" within each UDT and about 90 data points within each dataset. I currently have the ability to hardcode in the "Y" parameter of this structure to my graphic objects. However I'm a bit unsure about how to handle the rest.

I think using a parameter file with HMI tags being used as placeholders for the other parts might work but I've never seen that done and am not sure if it's possible.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this or something similar?

I've worked with other software (much better than FT view) that makes this type of thing very easy, but as always Rockwell remains stuck in the 90's with software development ease.

awaege,

Take a look at Rockwell's Knowledgebase Article 59160. This article has examples on how to do parameter passing. Hopefully this will get you pointed in the direction you are wanting.

Fyi, you do not need to make make parameter files, you can simply use a parameter list. This will keep you from having to painstakingly create numerous parameter files.