Prosoft Modbus TCP Gateway ?

EICS

Has anyone used the Prosoft Modbus TCP Gateway for interfacing to Rockwell 1756-L8x series CPU's via Ethernet/IP ?

still researching a Bailey Infi 90 gateway.

any thoughts on the prosoft unit ?

I worked with bunch of Prosoft over the years and it's painful to me each time.

The easiest single one-to-one protocol gateway IMO are the RTA Automation gateways and the easiest multiple protocol gateway are the Red Lion Data Stations.

I worked with bunch of Prosoft over the years and it's painful to me each time.

The easiest single one-to-one protocol gateway IMO are the RTA Automation gateways and the easiest multiple protocol gateway are the Red Lion Data Stations.

I would encourage you to look at the Spectrum Controls Gateway. It is very simple to setup and use (Ethernet/IP to Modbus RTU up and running in less than 5 minutes).

Firejo, I looked at the Spectrum Gateway, it mentions 100 tag/pairs as maximum. Does that mean I would be limited to 100 tags total, or 100 per device? Example:
I want to read 8 several skids of 20-30 tags to one CLX plc. Would need a gateway for each 100 tags?

Firejo, I looked at the Spectrum Gateway, it mentions 100 tag/pairs as maximum. Does that mean I would be limited to 100 tags total, or 100 per device? Example:
I want to read 8 several skids of 20-30 tags to one CLX plc. Would need a gateway for each 100 tags?

No. The Gateway moves data using Tag Maps with each Map having up to 100 Tag pairs. A Tag Map pair consists of a Source Tag and a Destination Tag so each Tag Map will hold up to 200 Tags (100 Source Tags to 100 Destination Tags). Each Gateway can have up to 50 Tag Maps so you can have up to 10,000 Tags. In your scenario, for efficiency, I would have a Tag Map for each skid and maybe even break it down further than that. Having said that, there are a lot of different ways to look at it.
One thing worth noting is that a Tag doesn't have to be dedicated to be a source or destination. Any given Tag can be a source in one Tag Map pair or a destination in another (even in the same map).
There is a Webinar video on Spectrum's web site (a link to Youtube actually) that goes over the basics and then shows a quick setup between EtherNet/IP and Modbus RTU. Their Youtube channel also has some configuration videos (each one is only a couple of minutes long) that makes the above easier to visualize.

I checked out the spectrum gateway videos
Very simple logical way to map. I am leaning towards this.

Another advantage for my install is the spectrum is slot mounted
Where the prosoft is not my rep tells me

I checked out the spectrum gateway videos
Very simple logical way to map. I am leaning towards this.

Another advantage for my install is the spectrum is slot mounted
Where the prosoft is not my rep tells me

The Spectrum Gateway is DIN rail mountable but not PLC slot mount (sorry to disappoint)

Not sure about all the gateways, but the Prosoft gateway does all this, simultaneously..

8Kb registers
EIP Class 1 server supporting 8 I/O connections
EIP Class 3 server supporting 10 connections
3 EIP Class 3 clients
Modbus TCP server supporting 10 connections
10 Modbus TCP clients, with each connecting to 16 different devices

Here's a 5 minute video showing the configuration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H__rMW2oBYQ

As TheWaterboy states, there's also a Prosoft MVI56E-MNETC which is a 1756 in-chassis module that support Modbus TCP.