AS-i 31 vs 62 node

Who's valve?

You'd probably have to check their documentation to be for sure, I don't know if node 31 address of 20 is equivalent to 62 address of 20A. From a "bits and bytes" perspective, it might be but probably best to page through the manual. Or call their tech support.

"In order to retain full forward and backward compatibility, the size of the data frame exchanged between the network master (Scanners and Gateways) was not increased. Instead, one of the four output bits was used to select between the so-called A and B nodes. This enabled each of the 31 addresses to be used twice. The address space was increased to 1A to 31A plus 1B to 31B."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS-Interface#Original_specification_(1994,_Version_2.04)

Seems that version 2.04 (31 nodes) are compatible with 2.11 (62 nodes) but maybe not later version 3.0?

As Paully said, check the documentation for your valve. And network master/gateway.

Last edited: