Profibus and drives

g_simons

G
Hi Guys !

Can anybody help me to a link to understand more about manipulation of SIEMENS AC or DC drives on the PROFIBUS I mean the commands and S7 tips ...
Further more one of our consultants are using ANSALDO drives on Profibus Does any body have the same experiecnce do you think it might be a headache ...?

I have heard that SimoDrive is not 'Profibus Compatible', some other things in the bus could unfunctioning with Siemens Drives ?
I don't have experiens with Siemens Drives in Profibus.
I have used ABB ACS-Drives with profibus and it is hard task for programming versus DeviceNet/A-B/A-B-Drives.
Defaultly there are 2 16-bit words for Control and 2 words for status in PLC program, but it debends what GSD-file is used (GSD is equal that EDS-file Electronic Data Sheet).

Thnx for the help

I am to explain the story in more detail .

1 . I am not very much experienced in controling AC or DC drives by PROFIBUS but as far as I am concerned I am realy interested to get close to information regarding AC Simovert VC and DC SIMOREG drives with S7 PLC and Profibus ( I am in need of a complete guide for device identification and programming specially in the speed refference field )

2. One of our automation consultants of course much more experienced than me have used the same system I mean the S7 and Profibus with ANSALDO (ASI robicon) AC SVTS and SILCOPAC D drives Reading the written programm i am seeing that they are encountering problems regarding the matter I got interested to know more about this selection so I asked if anybody have the same experience and can help me

Thnx for your attention and regards

g_simmons,

The gsd files for all standard products are included with Step7.
Use the CBP2 (under Simovert- in hardware config.) for the 6Se70 and 6RA70 Siemens drives.

The Simodrives (611 and POSMO) both communicate with profibus.

Here is a sample file using PPO type 4. I hope it helps you- I tried to put a lot of documentation in it.
Just retrieve it into Step 7