[New Thread] Analog module in 1771-ACN15 and ControlLogix

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Recently posted by BarbaMan:

I am trying to transfer analog data from a 1771-ACN15 remote chassis to a 1756-L62 ControlLogix processor. The BTR in my ladder program seems to be working, but I do not get any analog data. Only the diagnostic word from the module is received. What am I doing wrong and how can it be fixed ?

More information is needed to provide an answer to this problem.

1. What is the part number of the analog module ?
2. Do you also have a BTW instruction programmed to provide configuration data to the module ?
3. What is the pre-condition logic in the rungs containing the BTR and BTW message instructions ?
4. What are the values in the configuration data block for the module ?
5. Is the BTR module completing with a too-short data block, or is there simply zeros in the data where you expect analog data ?

Screenshots or the *.RSP file are the best way to communicate most of this information.

My best guess is that you don't have a properly configured BTW instruction to set up the module (channel scaling and enabling) so the module is returning zeroes for data.