Safe Line Metal Detaector from Mettler Toledo

hagos

Dear Folks,

We have a Safe Line R - Signature metal detector from Mettler Toledo.

Last week we faced an error FAULT 09 that we cant reset, we contacted the vender (the company who delivered the metal detector to us) , but it looks like they are not that competent.

I wonder if there is a way to do an initializaion (an over all reset) so as to get it operative again.

Best regards
Hagos

Toledo Metal Detector ASN3 fault 09

Dear Hagos,

Did you solve the error FAULT 09 BALANCE in your TOLEDO metal detector? How did you do to reset the error/? Did you know any one who know how to reset this fault?

Thanks ,
Hungcv

FAULT 09 BALANCE in your TOLEDO metal detector

Dear Dan Bentler,

DO you have any e-mail so that I can contact directly to the one who can solve this fault?

Regards,

Hungcv

Dear Dan Bentler,

DO you have any e-mail so that I can contact directly to the one who can solve this fault?

Regards, Hungcv

No I did not even call them - someone else did and then handed me the phone. Factory tech and I worked it as far as we could. turned out the whole problem was a loose setscrew on a motor drive pulley.

Highly recommend you call factory or support local to you in your area.

Dan

Check for loose connections in the power supply box. I had a brand new unit do the same thing last week, and it was just a loose connection caused by the guy who wired in the reject fault contacts to our control system (that guy was me).

Hi !

When push the power switch , the display showed FAULT 09--> SELT TEST -->BALANCING---> BALANCE FAULT . Did you have the same problem? The conveyor is running ok while the screen display error.

hung

I am inexperienced with them, myself, but they do have good tech support and manuals. I would suggest making the phone call as Dan recommended.

I have only solved two problems myself. One was the loose plug found because I knew it worked the day before, and I was the only person in that box. The other problem was not a balancing fault but false tripping due to a metal portable step touching against the conveyor frame several feet away. They are very sensitive to metal to metal vibrations, bad bearings, and things like that. I have also been told they can be affected by radios and cell phones nearby.

The balancing fault (IIRC) indicates a problem with the signals from one or more of the coils in the head, but you should refer to manuals and/or call MT.

In manual instrustion do not have any explaination about this fault and the Toledo Representative is very far away from our location. Do you have any e-mail address so that I can contact directly with them?

Hungcv

Safe Line

Dear hungcv

Good day,
Sorry I have just read your request.

Yes, that was long time ago, we solved the problem.

We found one conductor from the head to the control box broken, please check very carefully all the conductors from the head to the box, don't rely on your eyes, please use an AVO to check your conductors one by one.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Cheers
Hagos

Dear Hagos,

Which BOX do you mean? I just see all boards conten inside the head
(about 7 boards are connected by cables.) Could you explain more because I checked some jacks and they are connected well.

Thanks,
Hungcv

Safe Line Metal Detector

Dear hungcv,

There is a black cable coming from the search head, this is a multi core cable, please check the continuity of all cores one by one, not only ensuring the plugs are firm, but remove the wires & check their continuity.

Hagos

Safe Line Metal Detector

Dear everyone,

I am quite new here, I would like to ask anyone if you know how to solve fault 08 on the metal detector. Were having some trouble to communicate with the distributor coz we live here in the Marshall Islands and the distributor is in China.

Please someone help. Thank you!

Regards,
Xian