FTV tag data, finding a tag

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all

Need some Help

Working with FTV 8.0, I have a stage view that represent 10 of 11 tanks. when I open the "Numeric Cursor Point Properties" sub panel "Connections", for value the tag Id is {#3.0}. I need to find this and point it to another location.

the reason I am confused a little is this global panel when open for tank two, can change the temp in CPU two. when open in tank 5 can change the temp in CPU 3

I moved tank four to skid one and now it will report to CPU2 But still writes the temp to CPU three..

Any suggestions

tank shot.JPG

this is a global page. the top right is temp set point below that is hysteresis, below that run time in minutes and seconds.

Hysteresis = {#3:1}

Time, minutes={#2.2}
time seconds={#2.3}

This screen uses 'parameter lists' or 'parameter files'. Look them up in the help section.

The modification will be done in the associated list or file.

Bernie

Ok I read it, tells me how to create one, but not how to find one.

I went to the start screen editor and parameter files were checked. but no location was give. that was blank.

still lost but now i know about parameter lists and files,

thank you

Look at the button or control which calls this screen. The reference may be there. As a not I don't use parameter files, I just know of them. Sorry I can't help much further.

Good Lord, I feel like such an idiot.

I do this all the time in IDEC

Based on your recommendation Bernie. I took apart the "cluster". A "multi-state indicator", a "numeric display", and a clearly invisible "go to display button", .....with..... wait for it........ a G>D> parameter list. There's all that CPU 3 Sh.... stuff I've been looking for.....DUHHHH

{STAGE 4},{::[CPU3]N10},{::[CPU3]F30}

Now that that turd is completely polished, How does this {#3:0} relate to {STAGE 4},{::[CPU3]N10},{::[CPU3]F30}

Were are they connected.

I believe the '#3' in {#3:0} points to the 3rd parameter in your list.

So the #3 is '{::[CPU3F30} and it tacks on ':0' to that to make the final tag

{::[CPU3]F30:0}

ha haaaaa

your are VERY correct SIR.

The second {::[CPU3]N10} for the time in minutes and seconds is 2.2 and 2.3

I can not begin to tell you how relieve I am.

I started this thread on Friday, and it has stuck with me the whole weekend. ( kinda sucked )

Bernie.

I owe you a lunch Kind Sir.

Many Many thank you's

I am looking on that like freshly born cow o_O...Aaaaand of course..That is a parameter.. Thank you guys.. You also help me to refresh my memories..:)