CCW Inner Error; Corrupted Files?

Elkelthen

Hello all,

I've been working on a project with an AB Micro820 for a few days. Just got the program finished and set up with the PLC, but was waiting on a PanelView800 HMI so I could debug that piece before building the panel and shipping the project. Just got the HMI last night, come in this morning, try to open my CCW project, and I get hit with

"Controller

The project data is corrupted.
Unhandled exception occurred during the filling of table resource properties."

I can still see the HMI portion of the program, but not the PLC portion, if that makes sense. I'm about to try to get the HMI portion downloaded and see if I can fumble through that, but obviously even if it works, I want to fix this error. I cannot create new projects either. I saw something on the Rockwell CustHelp pages that looks like it will work, but it was only a google preview and I'm not a member. The preview makes it look like I'm maybe missing a folder? It also mentioned an "Inner Error."

Any help is appreciated and if you need any more info I'm happy to oblige!

Hi,

This is all I could find so far on the AB Knowledgebase...

575278 - Connected Components Workbench: An Inner error occurred, Not able to create project from catalog
Access Level: Everyone

You should be able to access that technote once you have registered for free with Rockwell Automation.

I'm not sure if it's directly related to your specific error, or if it's the one you found using Google, but you could try some of the suggested Solutions in there and see how you go? They suggest that the error in the technote is most likely related to the use of a network folder for saving the project, rather than a local user folder. If you are, then best practice is to save to a local folder from CCW and then copy to the network folder in Windows.

I hope something there helps?

Regards,
George

I had the same issue and found it was caused by Windows security update KB4480116. I uninstalled the update at now CCW works.

Hi,

This is all I could find so far on the AB Knowledgebase...

575278 - Connected Components Workbench: An Inner error occurred, Not able to create project from catalog

You should be able to access that technote once you have registered for free with Rockwell Automation.

I'm not sure if it's directly related to your specific error, or if it's the one you found using Google, but you could try some of the suggested Solutions in there and see how you go? They suggest that the error in the technote is most likely related to the use of a network folder for saving the project, rather than a local user folder. If you are, then best practice is to save to a local folder from CCW and then copy to the network folder in Windows.

I hope something there helps?

Regards,
George

Hey Geo, I may be having an I-D-10-T error here, but when I try to open that link I just get an error message, same as I always do when I try to open knowledgebase articles. I'm signed in to Rockwell and everything, even reset my password at their request. Any idea what's going on there?

And I haven't got security update KB4480116 installed, according to my command prompt...

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSehcT19u0

Last edited:
Hi, I have the same problem

view

Geospark
for users who do not have an access, could you copy what it says knowledge base?
would be even more help if you inform
Thank you

Last edited:
I had the same problem just pop-up. Am running CCW 11 in a Windows 7 VM.
I uninstalled Windows Update KB4480970 and the problem went away.

Windows update

I had what sounds like the same issue. CCW installed ok and started up ok. When I selected a controller I would get error messages. Likewise, when i loaded an existing project the controller component would not load.

There is a "New" post on rockwell about it.

my errors are:

Controller

Patching library
Unhandled exception occured during the filling of table resource properties

and

An inner error occured, Not able to create project from catalog

The rockwell post says that it is due to a windows security update. Microsoft is working on it. Rockwell said that you should uninstall the following updates:

KB4480966
KB4480116
KB4483232
KB4480056
KB4480978
KB4480973

I only had the first update installed. I uninstalled it and now CCW works fine. Hope this works for you.

Spidermite

Dshay said:
Hi guys more news

(Link omitted)

good luck

Hi Dshay,

Your good intentions in providing helpful information is most welcome but blatantly copying copyrighted material, whether copy/pasted here, or converted to PDF and linked here, is not permitted on this Forum. Rockwell do not permit it and the owner of this Forum does not permit it.

We may link directly to Knowledgebase technote articles and we may indirectly reference their contents in an effort to provide help. The latter involves a little more effort on your part, rather than the easier PDF link, but that is how it should really be done.

But either way, fair dues in passing on the good information.

Spidermite said:
...I had what sounds like the same issue. CCW installed ok and started up ok. When I selected a controller I would get error messages. Likewise, when i loaded an existing project the controller component would not load.

There is a "New" post on rockwell about it...

...The rockwell post says that it is due to a windows security update. Microsoft is working on it. Rockwell said that you should uninstall the following updates:

KB4480966
KB4480116
KB4483232
KB4480056
KB4480978
KB4480973

Welcome to the Forum Spidermite!

Yes, the technote you appear to be referencing is I think the same technote as Dshay has provided in Spanish above...

1083785 - CCW & ISaGRAf: The project data is corrupted

The Microsoft Security Updates for Windows (KB) that you have listed for uninstalling are specific to Windows 10. The technote also lists the specific equivalent Security Updates for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, just in case some users here are running CCW within those Operating Systems.

Again, well done on finding and producing this specific technote.

Regards,
George

When I try to open that link I just get an error message, same as I always do when I try to open knowledgebase articles. I'm signed in to Rockwell and everything, even reset my password at their request. Any idea what's going on there?

@Elkelthen, I have this same problem with my Rockwell account. I sent their customer service a message - hoping they'll be able to help me get that sorted out.

And for everyone else on this thread - thanks so much for the help. Windows update KB4480966 was the culprit in my case. Glad that's all it was; I was really panicking that I was going to lose all of the programs I had saved!