C-H PanelMate to AB SLC Addressing

SLaubach

I am trying to add screens to a PnlMate Powerpro and am running into some addressing questions. Currently an existing input in the AB is addressed I:12.3/3 (RIO CARD) and in the C-H program it is addressed [B:C 12/3] how is this screen getting to bit level? am i missing the obvious? I tried Knowledge base on CH website but it must be down and i have no user manuals to refer to here at the plant. Please Help
scott

I havent done one of the PnlMate Powerpro's in a while but I'd guess that the thing is ignoring the ":C" in the address and resolving it to [B12/3] which is shorthand for B12:0/3.... and all without giving you an error message

Perhaps somewhere in the program the I:12.3/3 is being copied ot B12/3 as in:

I:12.3/3 B12:0/3
-------] [-------------( )-------

Hope this helps

That's an odd looking address. Are you sure its not a tagname? I'm not sure why anyone would create such an obscure tagname. Which AB driver are you using?

PanelMates are supposed to use the same addressing conventions as the PLCs they're connected to. You should be able to use I:12.3/3 for Input slot 12, word 3, bit 3.

According the PanleMate driver manual for AB PLCs, the format for the address field should be xf:e.s/b.

Where x = File Type (B, N, T, C, etc)
f = File number
e = Element number
s = Subelement number
b = Bit number

The .s and /b fields are optional

Based on that, I'm not sure how to interpret B:C 12/3 Spaces are not permitted in the address field.

Have you tried running a verification check on the configuration?

I am still trying to figure this out steve, i also tried your suggestins. CH support (online) was quick to respond but didnt tell me anything besides download .pdf files, their website must have bad links becouse i cant download anything.

scott:

If you want I can e-mail the section of the .pdf file pertaining to the AB interface. It's about 230k.

You can e-mail me at the address below and let me know.

I have seen problems with different manufaturers addressing.
Some have the least significant on one end of a register while the other I'm trying to interface with is on the opposite end. (1=16)
And then another manufacturer's LSB is 1 while another is 0.
Throw all that into the mix and you got to have a
"Handy-Dandy Conversion Chart". I'm not familiar with
C-H's Adressing but it's something to think about.