Teco SG2

bgllvr

Okay...so I got this PLC (PLR) and am having "issues". So far it is really nice...but reailze it is only my second unit ever. The first unit was an Idec Micro 3 I purchased cheap off of Ebay for fun and excitement. I can do what I want with the Micro 3...but can't get the darn thing to work right with the Teco SG2 (Factorymation).

Here is my issue. When using a timer the counter is non-retentive. I am running a test where if I need to shut down power the test will start back in the same place. No big deal...just issue a counter that runs off the timer...and then do a counter comparison. Well the counter comparison is where I am having trouble. I can get the number to increase on the counter, I can get the counter comparison to look like it wants to work...but it doesn't.

Is there anyone out there that has used one of these and has gotten the counter to work correctly?

Thanks.

Can you post your program file? I've used the SG2 a lot, but never used the counter, just the timers. Does your logic work with the built in simulator?

Edit:
Just played around with the counter compare, took a couple of tries, but it works correctly in the simulator.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Last edited:
Pictures of Program

Ken,

Thanks for your help...Attached (I hope) are screen shots of a program. If we can get this to work...I can make my original program work.

Basically I want to make a retentive counter enable the output through a counter comparison.

Andrew

timer.jpg Counter.jpg Comparison.jpg

Wrong again....

Thought I had this one licked....

I went home...changed my program...simulated just fine...uploaded program to PLC...started.

All h&!! breaks loose.

Have you had any issues with the simulator working and the PLC not?

Andrew

If you tell us what you are trying to do, we may be able to help. So far all we know is you are having problems with counters.

What are your goals? When this happens, do this, kind of thing.

Bad Computer....?

Well...I think I found the problem. It was getting garbeled in the transfer to the PLC. Either that or it was a case of a bad input (M label). I disected the logic line by line and as I put it in it worked....don't know what I did different...but maybe the moons aligned and they were in my favor.

The program is like this.

There is no retentive timer...but I want one. To do this I made a timer in 1 second intervals input to a counter that is retentive. When this timer gets to a certain value it turns on an output. After a certain time period (now the counter) it resets and goes back to zero and cycles.

Just out of curiosity...I originally wanted to use timer mode 7 (FLASH Cascade without Reset) but wasn't able to get this mode to come up. Have you used this timer in the past?

Andrew

Why am I not surprised?

I am afraid that I don't think you are going to get anywhere with the Teco. I have to say that this equipment is a piece of junk! I have just used one on a project to switch a BCD signal to a speed controller. The controller expects certain contact closure patterns from the Teco to set the various speed set points.

The programme was fully tested and ran beautifully on the Teco simulator, but when downloaded to the hardware a serious glitch appeared. The programme is designed to give a 0% speed pulse to the controller at start up to ensure that the pump does not run without a command. The Teco is not doing this.

I spoke to and e-mailed FactoryMation, the suppliers and they ran the programme on the same set up at their offices. They also had the identical result.

I was in the process of commissioning this system on Friday and had to have it running by 5pm. FactoryMation simply shrugged their shoulders and took off, no help, suggestions or anything else.

So now I am stuck with this piece of junk, no support and my deadline has passed. The client is understandably very upset as am I. I would tell anyone who is thinking of using a Teco, (and anything bought from FactoryMation), to stay well away from it! Good luck.