Siemens BW500 belt scale reset total

mylespetro

Hey everyone,

Recently installed a Siemens BW500 belt scale on a conveyor, and everything is nearly wrapped up except that we can't seem to get Total 1 to reset using the PLC. I've followed the sample code that Siemens provides, including all of the bit swapping etc, but even forcing the Total 1 Reset output bit causes no change. The manual states that the reset won't occur until the bit goes from a 0 to a 1 and then set back to a 0, but that is happening in the logic to no avail. Does anyone have any experience or insight into this that might help?

Just for context, every morning at 6:59:59 AM we're performing a MOV to move the TOTAL_1 in the Milltronics to a different tag (TONS_PER_DAY_TODAY into TONS_PER_DAY_YESTERDAY) and then we use a TOF timer with a 200ms preset to trigger the OTE of the Total 1 Reset bit (E28_1350_SCALE:O.Data[8].0). I'll attach a screenshot below.

Thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

Have you tried increasing your time on the TOF? A 200ms signal might not be long enough to reset the scale?

We haven't, but I don't think that that's the issue in this case. The tech onsite said that he directly changed the state of the reset bit in the controller tags from 0 to 1 and then back to 0 and it didn't reset the total. I did forget to mention that we are using the SmartLinx Ethernet/IP card to interface between the scale and the PLC.

Hey everyone, resolved the issue. The onsite tech is familiar with Siemens and was saying that he thought we might have to set Parameter 799 from a 0 to a 1. This parameter is "Communications Control" and allows the PLC to write parameters, so our output bit wasn't being accepted until this was changed. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who runs into a similar issue.

I have setup a comm link over ethernet/ip from a Siemens BW500 scale system to a compactlogix plc, I am having very little luck in finding the proper data maps for the data and also how to convert the data from Int to Dint, I seen that you have it working and I was wondering if you could send me in the right direction.