Panelview plus .mer

floresv

I want to know if there is any form that I can convert a panelview plus application with the extension .mer to an application with the extension .apa

you need to use the application manager that was installed with rsview studio to convert mer to apa

In previous versions, once the .mer is created, it can not be opened and edited. Unlike the Panelviews where a .pva file can be changed back into a .pba. I was told by a Rockwell guy that that option will soon be available in newer revs of the software.

In version 5.0 the capability was added to allow or prevent version 5.0 or newer .mer files to be used to rebuild a development project (.med). Version 5 has been available since October 2007 I believe.

If the runtime (.mer) was created in an earlier version then this does not work. Contact RA Tech Support and they can help you with the super-secret method on how to perform this operation in earlier versions.

OG

And as a bit of info for other users once you have version 5 installed you cannot use the "super secret" method to re-create an apa from a mer. I keep a computer on hand with version 4 of studio loaded to allow the re-creation of version 3 & 4 mers.
Also in version 5 it is an option when you create the runtime whether you make it
a) able to be uploaded and re-created by anyone
b) able to be uploaded and re-created with password
or
c) not able to be uploaded and re-created

Regards Alan Case

floresv said:
I want to know if there is any form that I can convert a panelview plus application with the extension .mer to an application with the extension .apa
Just in case you are using an older version of RSViewME take a look here.

I've used the "super secret" method with v4.0 to restore an application. It can be a life saver. I am running v5.0 now and I've recently restored an application created with an earlier version. So at least for me, it worked.

Just keep in mind the super secret version requires you to have a runtime liscence which most persons do not have and it is not a completly plug and play solution. Always keep a current .apa prior to version 5.0

Question about .MER to a .APA RS View 4.0

I looked on some earlier posts and seen this method in the PDF. But on my Laptop I cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\Username
(My User Name)\Local Settings \Temp\MER.00 after I Upload.
Any ideas. Is it a log on issue.

Thanks,

I believe the default setting for those folders is that they are hidden. In file manager, Tools > Folder Options > View. Then click "Show hidden files and folders" and deselect "Hide protected operating system files"

Coachman said:
I looked on some earlier posts and seen this method in the PDF. But on my Laptop I cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\Username

Thanks,
This is from memory
I think the files for Me are at
C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Shared Documents\RSView Me

or also as Ozee states

maybe this files are hide, i made this method recently and this folders was occult, just write the directoin on the windows xplorer

Thanks,

to: Arturo de Paz

Hi Arturo, my family is also from El Salvador and i am also into plc's. is there much use of plc's in El Salvador?

Hello Erick!, really? your family are from EL Salvador!! that´s good, Greetings to your family, mmmm yes in El Salvador exist many industries thats works with PLC'S but not many companies that specialized in the field, at the moment i work in Ingenia, you could visit us on http://www.ingenia.com.sv
Regards

Hello,

Im a newbee in programming allen Bradley, May I aks how can I open a mer file? I am editing an HMI panelview 1000 plus, the old file has a MER extension and I cannot open it with panelbuilder32?