OT making life a little easier (add on's for phone)

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Ho no.... the hellcat has a special one ;)

You need to see what are compatible with your vehicle, my wife drives a Landrover and it saved me the 2hr drive to the dealer

Not yet, I did get it and bought a case for it but have not had a chance to play with it yet, I hope it works like the videos... I do a lot of remodels and this would be nice

That looks really cool. Have you had a chance to play with it yet? I'm looking at one and am curious to hear your experience with it.

So I used (played) with it over the weekend... not as good as the video shows but still nice and better than a standard stud finder, I will keep it and will use it a lot in the near future

My co-worker recently bought walabot
While it does what they claim, it requires a very specific Android phone.
There are only few of them on the list.

Neither Torque nor any of the OBDII MXLink applications will work with my car; the Smart electric drive is all proprietary and selfishly guarded by Daimler. There's a CAN/Arduino project that tries to hack the BMS data but it's not as convenient as those commercial smartphone apps.

With my next car the system diagnostics are largely going to be built in, but Tesla is still stubbornly saying "3 to 6 weeks for delivery, be patient".

My co-worker recently bought walabot
While it does what they claim, it requires a very specific Android phone.
There are only few of them on the list.
I read some of the more detailed reviews on Amazon that pans it badly. The calibration seems to be extremely tricky.