Intouch 9.5 Runtime Language Switch Questions

andrzejplo

Hello,

I have a question about Runtime Language Switch in Intouch 9.5.

1.How to change language in Alarm Text in new Intouch 9.5 version? Alarms are integrated with an application so I also want to change their texts.

2.I read in this presentation that new version has possibility of "All Static Text Can Be Switched". It means that I have a text like "Text1" and and a tags named Pump_On_OFF and when Pum_ON_OFF is force to logical 1 in a filed Text1 text "ON" will appear and when tag Pump_ON_OFF will switch to 0 than text "ON" will automaticaly changed to "OFF" . Can I wrote this logic in Script and these texts "ON" "OFF" will also be imported into this XML "LanguageSwitch File?? How can I do something like this?

3.I have 100 Tanks (the same) and I want to use Intouch SuperTag method as a simply way of doing indications popup for each Tank. I will do one Popup with this indications and I want to include headline (Like "Tank 1") depends on which Tank I choose. If I choose Tank33 I want to send Headling or Text "Tank 33" Action Script code is mentioned below: 'Here I Use Super Tags and I send It to the window with indication

STF.Name = Tank1.Name; ShowTopLeftAt( "Tank_Temperat", 500, 210 );

'Here I open my Window with indication. 'How to send a Headling for exaplme " Tank 1 indication" 'which will be transleted with this Runtime language switch

How does this Runtime Language Switch works witch Scripts Is this generaly possible?

If Yes how to do this in Intouch 9.5?? It is very important in using Super Tag Method in my application which I will do in 9.5 version.

The Runtime Language Switch is for static strings. If you want to change the language of your tags, like the alarm text or On and Off messages you would need to do so in a script. You could create a script that is called whenever the $Language tag changes. Then you would use the script to change the Dot fields for your tags.

In regards to your Popup, I would omit the Title from the popup window and put a message tag to use for the heading. Then I would make the message display the tag STF.comment