Heater Rating Question

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am in need of some help trying to figure out how the max output temperature of this heater was determined or derived by the manufacturer.

HEATER SPECS:
Heater Type: Flexible 2"x2" surface mount Silicon heater. (for Tanks/Pipes/etc.)
Supply Voltage = 24VDC
Power = 10Watts
Temperature rating: to 300 Deg. F

Does it mean it can operate/withstand up to 300 F or it can heat-up a surface (given the right size/weight of the material it is attached to) up to 300 F?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks jraef,

Appreciate the link. I specially like the part where you said "but it’s safe to say “not much”. I am trying to use this heat wrap as a heat trace to keep a small SS valve about 3" tall with a 1.5" diameter used in a sub zero process application (-110 deg. C) from freezing up. Heat trace or a heater wrap is not usable in my app where an operator has to physically remove the device containing this valve on a regular basis as in 3 to 4 times a day after it has reached ambient temperature upon completing its process sequence.

Thanks again for you help.

Best Regards.