FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition Password Protection

InControl

I have almost completed a project using FactoryTalk and the client wants to password protect a numeric input on all screens. Does anyone have an idea of how this can be accomplished. I don't want to affect other items on the screen and i dont want to have to password protect each whole screen. In this case the value to be protected is a setpoint and they want the operator to have to enter a password to change the value. Any help will be appreciated.

What I normally do is create a numeric display, then an invisible numeric input enable with a visibility animation. Use the function CurrentUserHasCode() in your animation.

When a user is logged in, the numeric display will be 'visible' and able to be touched, and when the user is not logged in, the numeric input will be 'invisible' and not able to be used.

The numeric display is visible the whole time so you can still view the value.

One thing I forgot to mention - make sure you flash the latest firmware for PV+, or install all the patches if using a PC. There is a bug where using CurrentUserHasCode() can drastically slow down the runtime. I had several apps slow to the point of crashing before I discovered the fix.