AB 1747-PIC device Driver in RS linx2.3

saroj

S
I wanted to use AB 1747-PIC Converter to communicate one old SLC-500
Fixed I/O controller .I am using the RS Linx 2.3 where I could not find AB_PIC device selection available on the configure Driver
screen on RS linx.

Request some help/guidelines if anybody is using this and incase there is a way to use PIC with later version of RS linx.

Regards.

Saroj.

What Operating System are you using? Windows 95/98 or Windows 2000/NT/XP?

Are you able to see 1747 PIC/ AIC+ driver under Configure drivers in RSLinx? If not, you may have to re-install RSLinx.

I know that there was some issues using OIC driver iwth Windows 2000/NT/XP.. but now everything is fixed.

Also the PIC driver can not be configured when RSLinx is running as a service. RSLinx 2.31 installs itself to run as a service by default.

Refer this link.

Many thanks for the reply . I am using the operating system as WINDOWS XP. I even reinstalled the RS Linx 2.3 but still not able to
see the 1747-PIC/AIC+ device on the driver selection box on
RS linx.

when I check up the RS link folder in Rockwell software from the windows explorer i could see that there is a file available AB_PIC.DRV. That means PIC driver is avialable on the RS Linx software
I am surprised how it is not seen on the driver selection box.

Need some help to know incase this driver is not comming/compartable on the newer version of RS linx.

Regards.

Saroj.

Try this...

1. Close or stop RSLinx.
2. In Windows Explorer, browse to the RSLinx subdirectory (typically \Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLinx).
3. Right click on RSLinx.exe and select Properties.
4. Go to the Compatibility tab, and uncheck from the Compatibility mode option Run this program in compatibility mode for:.
5. Start RSLinx again in application mode and configure the driver.

Oh !Thanks, It worked well that with this the 1747-PIC/AIC+ device was added to my selection box on RS linx.Only thing that in compartiblity check box since there was no choice for XP,and I have changed the selection to win-98 & ME ( Old selection was win-95).

However one more new problem was that on "configure driver" I
select the driver 1747-PIC / AIC+ and wanted to click "add new".
Then this driver is not getting added,no pup up box( where as for other drivers like RS232_DF1 etc are getting added)

Request your advise.

Regards.

Saroj.