ROCKWELL: Cannot enter in web browser Stratix 1783-MS10T

Art Kim

Good day to everyone,

I am trying to address a Stratix 8000 1783-MS10T switch but i can't find the password for enter in the web browser. I've read the manual and followed the procedure for reset it with express setup: disabled wi-fi and proxy, turned ip address of my pc lan to automatic mode, turned off the module, powered on, waited for the 2 leds EIP Mod and Setup flashing, pressed and released the button Express setup and then connected a crossover ethernet cable to one of the module's ethernet ports. At this point the manual says by opening a browser(i've tried firefox,chrome,IE) the switch should prompt to the default username and password. The problem is that with the link written in the manual 169.254.0.1/express-setup.htm it doesn't go anywhere. The only way that i was able to enter in the page with username and password was by setting a static ip address 192.168.2.xx to the stratix with the program bootp/dhcp server, than type 192.168.2.xx in my browser. However even if i access to the main page i can't access. I've tried the passwords: switch, password, leaving the username field blank. If somebody can help or tell me what i'm doing wrong in the reset procedure i'd really appreciate.

Last edited:
I'll elaborate a little more, previous reply was from my phone...

The earlier firmware revisions had the username blank and the password as switch. I believe the newer firmware has the username as admin and the password as switch.

Thank you for your reply, i've tried but it doesn't work

vlZ+DFgm9WIAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

I've tried also admin but same result

Nope, you still need the username and password.

You can factory reset the switch and then go in via express setup with the default username and password, but of course then you'll lose all your switch configuration.

Thank you for the suggestion dmargineau, but it doesn't go even with those. Now for keep working i'm using another normal switch of Phoenix contact, if i can't find a way to unlock this damn switch we'll change with a new one.

You can perform a "factory reset", which will put one of the default passwords mentioned above back into the switch. As I said, this will remove all configuration and settings from your switch, but if your other option is changing it out for a new one, then that's no worse than the alternative.

Doesn't the "Express Setup" mode on those garbage Stratix switches bypass the account and password?

:ROFLMAO:

What went wrong with yours? They've been solid units for me (5700 series, anyway), but probably because they're rebadged Cisco units.

Jeremy, meet rdrast, the forums most eloquent hater of FTView and other Rockwell products. I think that's him on the right
0e1479c430b3257c8672d7f5c79932c0.jpg

(sorry rdrast :p )

I share his feelings on FTView, for sure. Fortunately with Stratix hardware, you never need to install anything on your PC to use them. :D

:ROFLMAO:

What went wrong with yours? They've been solid units for me (5700 series, anyway), but probably because they're rebadged Cisco units.

Yep, rebadged Cisco, with crippled firmware, hardware locked to use ONLY AB SFC modules, Oh, yes, and they overheat and lock up at temperatures that any other switch work fine.

They also often arrive DOA.

Stick with N-Tron. 100% better quality, reliability, and functionality.

Jeremy, meet rdrast, the forums most eloquent hater of FTView and other Rockwell products. I think that's him on the right
0e1479c430b3257c8672d7f5c79932c0.jpg

(sorry rdrast :p )

Hey, I'd stop, if Rockwell would so much as fix ONE bug in any of their software/firmware. Just one. So far, they can't, and their current "Strategy" is to publish a new (incompatible with anything else) firmware/software release on a seemingly weekly basis.

I tried 2 years ago to absolutely standardize on one single small panel. Now, 3 panels later, they are all incompatible with each other. Same part numbers for everything, but different incompatible firmware on the drives and PLC's.