Panelview Plus Data Log File Transfer

I got this batch file from the AB tech support a long time ago. Basically copies the logs to a USB when you plug it into the PanelView.
6.0 firmware and greater:
@echo off
REM *** THIS FILE MUST BE NAMED autorun.bat FOR THIS TO WORK ***
REM get to datalog directory and copy these files to external CF card
REM YOUR_APP_NAME and YOUR_DLOG_MODEL_NAME must be modified to your settings
REM If using a USB Thumb driver replace "storage card2" with "USB Storage"
copy "\storage card\rockwell software\RSViewME\logs\YOUR_APP_NAME\DlgLog\DataLog\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
REM get to alarms directory and copy these files to external CF card
copy "\storage card\rockwell software\RSViewME\logs\YOUR_APP_NAME\M_Alarms\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
copy "\Temp\~MER.00\M_Alarms\MachineAlarms.mal" "\USB Storage\"
echo The copy process is complete

Pre 6.0 firmware:
@echo off
copy "\storage card\rockwell software\RSViewME\logs\YOUR_APP_NAME\DlgLog\DataLog\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
copy "\storage card\rockwell software\RSViewME\logs\YOUR_APP_NAME\M_Alarms\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
pause The copy process is complete

Last edited:
I got this batch file from the AB tech support a long time ago. Basically copies the logs to a USB when you plug it into the PanelView.
6.0 firmware and greater:
@echo off
REM *** THIS FILE MUST BE NAMED autorun.bat FOR THIS TO WORK ***
REM get to datalog directory and copy these files to external CF card
REM YOUR_APP_NAME and YOUR_DLOG_MODEL_NAME must be modified to your settings
REM get to alarms directory and copy these files to external CF card
echo The copy process is complete

Pre 6.0 firmware:
@echo off
pause The copy process is complete

Something was wrong with the formatting so I uploaded the two text files I got from AB.

Arlen siad : "Data log to network driveIn FTView Studio, instead of logging to the PVP you can type in a network path. Ex. \\ServerName\folder. You will need to edit the MER file in FTView Studio to change that.
It's easy if the folder has no security. If it does, then you will need to use your Control Panel trick to add a Username\Password into the PVP. Under networks? maybe. it's in there somewhere. Just remember if the data log fails to write to the network file, then it stops working."

For option 1 How does one set up the Panelview as part of the network?

I have a similar problem with a version 7 PV+. My problem is I cant seem to see the HMI on the network. Both the PV+ and the PC have fixed IP.

Any guidance you can give would be a big help.

You can't add the PanelView Plus to the Windows network.
It runs Windows Embedded Compact, which does not join the network; you will not see it in Windows Explorer.

First make sure you can ping the PV+ IP address.
Then test your shared PC folder from a different PC.

Dear Sir

I tried what you have mentioned , but not successful at my end. Can you please describe this same in detail. How to configure template in DataStore Plus activeX.
As I tried all other properties in activeX data Store, its ok. But I want the header file to connect with Logged file.
When I giving path to Template and download to HMI, it shows NO SCREEN SELECTED.

So please Guide me,.

ME Log file locations from https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/823751:

• FactoryTalk View ME Station on Windows 7:
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Logs\<MER_File_Name>\M_Alarms
  • FactoryTalk View ME Station on Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Logs\<MER_File_Name>\M_Alarms
  • On PanelView Plus terminal versions 3.20 - 5.10:
    \storage card\Rockwell software\RSViewME\Logs\<MER_File_Name>\M_Alarms\
  • On PanelView Plus terminal version 6 or higher:
    \Windows\Logs\<MER_File_Name>\M_Alarms